Make your life less difficult—get ahead by preparing your air conditioner now before warmer temperatures turn up. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a drastic jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your machine. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating professional each year. This is critical to keep your unit working for the long haul. The technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle assessment
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and all year to ensure your AC is functioning at peak performance.
- Clear the spot around your unit. Make sure there aren’t shrubs growing too close to your AC, which can cut off airflow. Take away piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the cold season, don’t forget to uncover it. You can damage your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could result in big repairs or an entire replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your yearly service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters on a monthly basis and replace them when needed! Different homes have different air filter replacement demands. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is working at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever the heat can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.