As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature starts to dip, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months rapidly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when it’s time to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a shout at 641-628-3621 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t think twice about giving Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating in Pella a call at 641-628-3621. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.