As warmer weather begins, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Pella? Even if your cooling system is recently purchased or was running good last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating professional can help spot minor issues before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy needs—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify little problems before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine pieces and complete a series of cooling performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to find troubles before they turn into major problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Full equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating
This week is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating pros a ring at 641-628-3621 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, don’t forget to check our special offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.