As springtime starts, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Pella? Especially if your air conditioning equipment is newer or was running well last year.
Here’s one method to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never have to schedule any maintenance for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit inspected seasonally by a Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating specialist can help locate small problems before they become huge breakdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a specialist to maintain delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up in your system can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can create higher energy needs—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity expenses and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little troubles before they turn into major, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly look at pieces and perform a cycle of air conditioning performance tests. These detailed processes often allow us to find troubles before they create major issues that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is prepped to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your equipment is at risk for advanced failure and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC maintenance should include a check and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll check the following spots and pieces:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Now with Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating
Today is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating pros a shout at 641-628-3621 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your residence, make sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.