When it’s frigid in Pella you need your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system appears to be running well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you may need a furnace repair. The sooner you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You might have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem faint? You could have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could suggest a few particular problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your house.
4. Your monthly bill keeps increasing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps increasing. This could signal some different problems. Your HVAC professional will help sort out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The pros at Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.