If you want to stay warm during the cold months in Pella, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep operating at its best. If you’ve already planned your yearly tune-up with Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating, you’re right on schedule. Don’t panic if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are quite a few things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its maximum performance. Try these maintenance tricks to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work too hard and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s an easy way to help the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the zone around your outdoor unit if a mess has accumulated or plants have taken control of the zone.
- To be sure your system is working correctly, test your thermostat often. Turn it on and slowly increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump turn on. If you don’t hear anything, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or schedule an appointment with us.
Keeping you comfortable this winter matters to us. If you want to know more about heat pump maintenance or would like to schedule a service with one of our professionals, call Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating at [[phonenumber]] or set up an appointment online.