During the colder Pella months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it happens, a simple call to Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating ASAP if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not the right size for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating at 641-628-3621 or schedule an appointment with us online.