Having standard air conditioning service performed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Pella summertime, have the experts at Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to unlawfully releasing it to the environment.
- Inspect for efficient airflow in the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We suggest looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating today at 641-628-3621.