Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Pella is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating in Pella at 641-628-3621 today.