You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating have compiled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you find small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a big change on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting acclimated to the present temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating technician is over for your annual furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 641-628-3621.