One of the most important parts of the winter is staying cozy and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is vital throughout the year, but during the chilly season it is even more essential. Winters in Pella are erratic and the frostiest days can often pop up on us, sometimes when your furnace is ill-equipped. So, before you ask an expert technician, here are a few things you can examine first:
- Check your filter – dirty filters are one of the most common causes of sudden furnace failures. Air has a harder time floating through filters once they are filthy or dirty, causing the system to shut down on some occasions. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are created to find clogged and dirty filters before further troubles arise. Changing furnace filters every month or so can counteract these troubles and keep you comfy.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep constant tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to swap out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to overlook minor things like the settings of your thermostat. Verify this vital step, especially if there was a new rise in temperature that may have caused you to change the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, discover the breakers that operate your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On position. If it is Off or in the middle of the two spots, turn the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that looks like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, spot. It can easily be misidentified as a real light switch, which is why it is frequently the issue with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Going through these steps is an easy and effective way of ensuring the effectiveness of your furnace before you give a call to your Pella professional. If there are still difficulties after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much better idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the trouble might be. If you have questions or need to arrange a repair, call Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating in Pella.