There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Pella, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to consider annual air conditioner service as well, but probably not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, like:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners only associate air conditioner service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly cooling costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees could help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, switching air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating pro stops by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few simple ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures drop in Pella. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is ideal for your system, give the pros at Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating a call at 641-628-3621 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.