Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Pella during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Van Haaften Plumbing & Heating at 641-628-3621 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.